Total Pageviews

Monday, May 27, 2013

T-27: When the Universe is Ready


The Gate is open....step through
Ok, Universe, thank you for saying yes to our big plans for this trip. I can see the gate has opened.   In the few days several important energies have shifted.  All have given me such a big sense of relief.

Step 1.  We have found our house/animal sitter.  After numerous interviews and conversations, we have found a young woman who will happily deal with our odd dog, Louie.

Step 2.  The Dreaming at Daybreak fundraiser was more successful than I dared imagine.  The 1 year cash total exceeded our challenge, and most movingly, promised donations into the future.  I am stunned, humbled, and thankful.

Step 3. A grant renewal had slipped my mind and was not included in my cash projections, but will make a significant payment this summer.  It will move Matrix out of the cash flow blues.  The new leadership will not be faced with that particular form of hell.   This was the final step in making it really, truly comfortable to make this big change.

Two years ago, I wrote the first blogpost in this series: T-720: The Commitment is Made; Let the Wrangling Begin.   I wrote in that post, “We will do this to mark a transition in our life and to harken back to our first years together.  It will mark the end of the years of Massive Work, where both of us regularly worked 60 hour weeks and did little else, giving ourselves wholly (and destructively) to our jobs.  It harkens back to the first years of our marriage and youth, where some of the happiest days of our life were spent on long distance bike travel.”

Reading this post of nearly two years ago is especially poignant today: May 26, 2013.   34 years ago, we were married.  Today, as we were driving out to our regular breakfast spot, I read out loud to Wes the timeline of a 45 year marriage.  At the end of the article, the wife said that she couldn’t believe that she still enjoyed his company so much.  They had their ups and downs and their near misses, but here after all these years, they still loved their time together.  Both Wes and I were crying at that.  Because after all these years, with plenty of ups and downs, and some years of doubts and confusion, we still really enjoy each other’s company.  We truly are each other’s best friends. 

35 years ago, both our souls leapt at each other and said, “There you are again.”  It only took one date (really truly, one date) and then we bonded and have been nearly inseparable since.  (Although Wes says he never spent so much time being alone until we began living together—see note about giving ourselves over to our work).  Even now, when I crawl into bed hours after Wes (he’s a morning person; I’m a night person), I still want to “plug in.”  I snuggle my hips into his and I feel as though a circuit is complete.   

We drive each other crazy, but make each other laugh.  We know each other’s stories inside out, but can spend hours making up stories and elaborating the ridiculous adventures of our alter-egos Googie and Bonkie.   Wes will never be done telling me to close the door, or quit leaving my shoes and socks everywhere.  I will always be frustrated with him because his idea of planning is starting. 

When we go on this long ride: 4500 miles, we will prepare our bodies and our minds for the third third of our life.  We will let go of the structures that have shaped our every day.  And we will invest in that which we have neglected: our health, our relationships, and our writing.  We face this new world a-coming with joy…and a few tears… Here it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment